Thursday, March 16, 2006

Missing my muse

So here it is, over a month since I last saw you. Being as our affair lasted a mere six weeks (I say mere, but the truth is it was a lifetime for me) one would expect that I would be over it, beyond, have moved on with my life. That turns out not to be the case. You touched my heart, my soul. It isn't that life has no meaning now, it's just that the meaning has changed in a sad and vacant way. I wish I knew how to mend the wound in your heart. I tried to bandage it with love and reassurance, but I guess I just had bad timing. I wish I could talk to you. I wish I could see your smile - it lit up my life and made my heart leap each time I saw it. I hope you can get your head sorted out about life and love and divorce and motherhood and grandmotherhood and work and everything else, and then I hope you'll realize how good we were together and how good we could be together again. Come back to me, my sweet muse, come back to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home